About The ProgramFarmer Projects
Applications received in round 1 (Feb-March 2017). A decision on these applications will be made by June 2017.
Round 2 funding applications open. Closing July 17.
Farmer Group Projects – funding
Farmer Group Projects is a competitive funding component of the Farm Co-operative and Collaboration pilot program which will assist eligible groups of farmers to implement collaborative business arrangements. Applicants who have come through the program’s needs assessment process and been allocated Expert Support services are eligible to apply.
All farmer group projects are required to form a legal entity to accept funds.
Find out more about Business Structure Basics: how to choose the right entity for your group.
Funding will be provided to projects that have the potential to:
• facilitate knowledge sharing and legacy beyond the Pilot Program
• demonstrate significant scope and scale of on-farm impacts
• create transferable outputs that address identified needs of farmers and groups
• help provide momentum and strategic support to boost the confidence of other farmer groups to adopt a collaborative business approach
• assist farmer groups to overcome barriers experienced in seeking to make change
• form regional and cross-jurisdictional networks.